Sunday, February 22, 2009

dear readers:

I am sorry I have not posted in a while, but I was busy getting ready for one of the biggest events of my life. Prom. I mean barristers' ball. i had to track down the perfect outfit, find a good date, look for some flowers, and buy my ticket. it was a busy week.

right.

let's take a trip back to high school prom. i did not drink in high school (honest) but i remember thinking prom night took forever. pick up the date, take the photos, show up at the event, mingle awkwardly, wait for dinner, dance awkwardly, go to after-prom, go to after-after-prom. all of that took about 7 hours, and for some reason i think i had fun.

on friday night i went to a pre-party at 6, got home after 2, and the night moved quickly. so i guess it was a good time.

i did run into a few problems:
  1. i failed to realize our drink tickets did not cover every drink on the menu until after i bought a round of better than well-vodka martinis. i don't know why i thought the better liquor would be included, but i was hopeful.
  2. thanks to SBA's pre-event email i was afraid i might get hit by an errant beer bottle falling from the balcony.

finally, thanks to the five of you who voted in the poll (question: going to the barristers' ball?). the poll is very hard to read, but i think it says two people (40%) voted for each of the following: No way; yes, but my significant other refuses to go because he / she is sick of hanging out with law students; I am taking multiple dates. perhaps most importantly, does anyone else think it is odd that there were 5 votes, 6 responses, and the percent adds up to 120, not 100?

feel free to post your barristers' ball / prom comments.

ps italics = sarcasm

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know if you are prof, student, or someone from outside the legal world. tell me where your are from and list your law school year.
- moritz 1l