Wednesday, January 28, 2009

legal research / writing surveys

I just clicked through the legal research and writing survey distributed to students from Moritz administration. The survey was thorough and as a result I found myself clicking "not applicable" to questions like: did legal ___ prepare you for journal, employment, ect.

I am slightly frustrated that I do not have a legal writing sample to share with potential employers, so I did suggest integrating some additional legal writing into the first semester where such writing is evaluated and returned prior to grade distribution. Of course, my unnecessary 1L stress probably drives this concern. I should just chill out.

This is what I want to know:
  1. What, if anything, was missing from the survey?
  2. Have noble 2Ls and 3Ls had the opportunity to take similar surveys in years past?
  3. If everyone diligently filled out course evaluations, would the administration need to take this survey?

I hope everyone is able to make it to 12th and high safely tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

let me know if you are prof, student, or someone from outside the legal world. tell me where your are from and list your law school year.
- moritz 1l